Other name(s): Uno; Taki; Switch
If you are more than five players, you need a second deck of cards and shuffle both together to use all 104 cards.
1) Deal 5 cards to each player (or 7 cards when two players only).
2) The remaining cards of the deck are placed face down at the center of the table.
3) Turn up the top card of the deck and place it in a separate pile. If that card is an 8, put it back in the middle of the deck and and take the next top card.
How to play:
Turn by turn, each player has to place a card face up on the pile:
- Each card played (other than an 8) must match the suit or denomination of the card showing on the pile. For example: the card on the pile is a 4 of Hearts, then you can play any 4s or any Hearts.
- If someone is unable to play, cards are drawn from the top of the deck until a play is possible, or until the deck is over (when the deck is over and someone cannot play, he must pass).
- All eights are wild and can be played anytime (even if it is not your turn). You need to specify a suit for it after playing it (Clubs/Hearts/Diamonds/Spades) and the next player must play either a card of the specified suit or another eight.
A player may draw from the deck, even though he has playable card(s).
How to win:
Be the first player to get rid of all of your cards.
A lot of variants of this game exist, giving special effects to particular cards. For example:
- 2s: When played, this players can ask someone else to pickup 2 cards from the deck. When stacked or paired with other 2s they add up. Example: Three 2s is total of 6 cards that someone has to picked up from the deck.
- 9s: Reverse the turns rotation.
- Jacks: Skip your turn.
- Aces: Let you change suit.
Also, you can add that when any player is down to one card, they must say “Last Card” before their turn ends. If they do not, they must pick up another card from the deck.
Share this game: