1) Players have to form two teams.
2) Everyone sits around a table and the people who are in the same team have to be diagonal to each other.
How to play
The goal is to get a four of kind and secretively let one of your teammate know.
1) Prior to start a round, each team has to step out and decide on a secret signal that will indicate to each other when they have four of a kind during the game. The secret signal can be any word(s), motions, or even holding your cards a certain way.
2) To begin the round, each player is dealt four cards. Four other cards are turned face up on the table and the rest is left in a pile.
3) Now all players can first put one of their card down on the table and take another one instead to try forming a four of kind.
4) When everyone is done switching cards, someone clears the four cards on the table and then draw four new ones from the pile.
A player may call “Kemps!” if they believe that one of their partner has four of a kind. If correct, the team gains a point. If not, they lose a point.
If a player believes that an opponent has four of a kind and has not called “Kemps!” yet, they may cut them by calling “Counter-Kemps!”. When a player cuts, any opponent with four of a kind must show their cards. If they have a four of a kind, then the cutting team gains a point. If not, then the cutting team loses a point.
How to win
The team that first reaches four points wins.